Friday, June 11, 2010

LibraryThing

LibraryThing was very cool! I would use this to keep a list of books that I want to read. I often find myself hearing about a really good book, but don't write it down so I forget the name and author. Reading isn't one of my favorite things so I don't know about a lot of books. Now as soon as I hear of one, I can put it on my list. I also noticed that there are sections on the home page listing most added books, recently added, etc. (giving me an idea of what some popular books are). As a student, I remember getting reading lists in my English classes. Instead of handing out a list with only the book titles, teacher could create a list and have his/her students go to the site to look at them. This way the students could read about the book and look at the reviews other readers have posted.

Here's the link to my catalog: http://www.librarything.com/catalog/jzw3

No comments:

Post a Comment