Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Delicious

Again, I am amazed at how much I have learned about all the cool websites and tools online! Del.icio.us is another great one. Why don't students learn about these resources earlier in their academic career? It would have been very helpful. Maybe the teachers don't know about it either? It's a great resource because you can find your "bookmarks" on any computer, and you can view others. I would use it to find useful websites, bookmark them, tell my students about Del.icio.us, then have them check out the websites. It's so much easier than writing the URL down and copying it into the address bar--a lot less chance for error. Another cool part about it is the tagging. I didn't really think it was a big deal until I actually got on the site and saw how many tags there were; it narrows it down for you. This would really help me because sometimes I can't think of good search words/phrases. Can't wait to use this.

This would definitely be a great resource for research assistance. You could just find the right tag and all the bookmarks for that would come up. It gives you a bunch of sites for your research. Students could also bookmark sites, tag it with something special, then have the teacher look at it to make sure it is a legitimate source.

No comments:

Post a Comment