Thursday, May 27, 2010

RSS Feeds

RSS feeds are very convenient; instead of searching for something online, it comes right to you. It doesn't matter what you like--from movies to sports to wall street--there are feeds for it all. Don't worry about remembering someone's blog, you can subscribe to their feed to and it shows up on the same Blogline account. It's kind of like having your own personal newspaper that has only what you want in it. Blogline itself is helpful because if you don't know exactly what website would be the best for a certain subject, Blogline gives suggestions too. You don't have to deal with all the advertisements either. It seems like there is a RSS Feed for everything. I will definitely use this in the future as well!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Jody! I agree that these are very convenient. They really do make life much easier. I like how you put it when you said "it's like having your own personal newspaper that has only what you want in it." Well said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with chase, information shared like this is incredible and convenience is a great word to sum it up. I am a big fan of how everything comes right to you. i love your positive view on all of this and i am excited to see this used in the future as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything that wil save me time and useful for myself and my students is great! I am hoping I can introduce this new technology to the rest of my staff and students.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree, having an RSS feed is like your own newspaper, you get all your up to date information right on one page, there is no need for having to go find it. I always saw the RSS button on pages but never knew what it was, so it is a pretty great tool.

    ReplyDelete